About Me

My photo
Trying to survive and thrive.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Know thy BOGO

Know your BOGO !

I’m learning while watching the ads and the websites that its becoming very important to watch the BOGO (buy one get one) ads fine print closely – especially at Giant Eagle.

Giant Eagle has had a lot of items recently listed in their advertisement as BOGO – but the fine print here is very important. Fresh meat seems to truly be “Buy One Get One Free” meaning that you will be paying full price for one item and getting the lower priced item free – you must buy two items – discount comes off at the end of the receipt.

BUT I’ve noticed that on a lot of their BOGO ads, when I get to the store the item is actually two for the price of one – meaning that each item will ring up for half price – you can buy only one item and still get a good discount price. This is very important to know because with a true BOGO Free you can use only one coupon (for the item you are paying for). For BOGO-Half you can use two coupons and for two for the price of one you can also use two coupons.

I wish I would have had 2 kielbasa coupons when I went to GE thinking BOGO Free and only brought 1 coupon a few weeks back – when in fact it ended up being two for the price of one… live and learn.

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment