About Me

My photo
Trying to survive and thrive.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Giant Eagle Receipts

All the better to track your savings with...

Stopped at Giant Eagle on the way home today and noticed a new feature on the receipt. They are now tracking, and breaking down, your shopping savings. They've been listing the fuel perks savings for some time now but now they are really itemizing how your savings break down.

Now I've only been doing the "couponing thing" for about 6-1/2 months to date. Before that I "looked for sales" and did a bit of coupon shopping but really my majority of targeted coupon/sale shopping has only been in calendar year 2010.

Today my Giant Eagle receipt informed me that in the past 12 months my savings in their stores and at their gas stations has totaled $1,124.71 - not too shabby!

Here is the breakdown:

Fuelperks savings: $121.50
Weekly Specials: $632.45
Coupons: $370.76

again - not too shabby!

I can't wait to see what the total will be in January 2011 when I've been doing this style of shopping for a full year.

And remember - that is only at one store. I've also been saving BIG at Walgreen's, CVS, and a few others.

Now tell me again - is this a waste of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment